A. An entity shall be considered a “Startup” –
1. If it’s incorporated as either Private Limited Company or Registered Partnership Firm or Limited Liability Partnership. A sole proprietorship or a public limited company is not eligible as startup
2. If it is up to 10 years from the date of its incorporation/ registration
3. If its turnover for any of the financial years has not exceeded INR 100 crore
4. If it is working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or if it is a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation
5. Should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstruction of a business already in existence.
To get DPIIT- recognized, please visit https://www.startupindia.gov.in/content/sih/en/startupgov/startup-recognition-page.html
Copyright ©TCOE India 2023